2015-2017 Federal Subsistence Fish and Shellfish Proposals
The Office of Subsistence Management is accepting proposals through March 28, 2014 to change Federalregulations for the subsistence harvest of fish and shellfish on Federal public lands. Proposed changes are for April 1, 2015 through March 31, 2017.
Please submit the information noted below to propose changes to harvest limits, season dates, methods and means of harvest, orcustomary and traditional use determinations. Submit a separate proposal for each change you propose. If you live in a resident zone community of a national park or national monument, or if you already hold a Section 13.440 subsistence use permit issued bya National Park Service superintendent, you may apply for an individual customary and traditional use determination.
How to Prepare Your Proposal
When preparing your proposal, it is important that you include the following information:
· Address, Phone, Fax and Email
· What your proposal suggests a change to (indicate all that apply)
o Harvest season
o Harvest limit
o Method and means of harvest
o Customary and traditional use determination
Your proposal should also answer the following questions:
1. What regulations do you wish to change? Include management unit number and species. Quote the current regulation if known. If you are proposing a new regulation, please state “new regulation.”
2. How should the new regulation read? Write the regulation the way you would like to see it written in the regulations.
3. Why should this regulation change be made?
4. What impact will this change have on fish or shellfish populations?
5. How will this change affect subsistence users?
6. How will this change affect other users, i.e., sport/recreational and commercial?
After answering these questions, you are encouraged to attach any additional information that would support your proposal.
How to Submit Your Proposal
By mail firstname.lastname@example.org
or hand delivery
Federal Subsistence Board
Office of Subsistence Management
Attn: Theo Matuskowitz
1011 E. Tudor Rd., MS-121
Anchorage, AK 99503
At any Federal Subsistence Regional Advisory Council meeting
On the Web at http://www.regulations.gov
Search for FWS-R7-SM-2013-0065
Questions? Call (800) 478-1456 or (907) 786-3888
All proposals and comments, including personal information provided, are posted on the Web at http://www.regulations.gov