Department of the Interior employees are offered access to this database at their desktops; employees who are teleworking may access it through the Department's VPN. Others must contact a Reference Librarian for assistance.
Search the Foundation for Natural Resources and Energy Law Digital Library
Since 1955, The Foundation for Natural Resources and Energy Law (formerly the Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation) has published an entire library of books and manuals in conjunction with its Annual and Special Institutes, as well as a number of original articles published in its biannual Journal. These original, scholarly, and practical publications dealing with all aspects of natural resources law are available online through a subscription service on Fastcase called The Foundation for Natural Resources and Energy Law Digital Library.
Upon accessing the website, you will see the Fastcase homepage. To get access to the Foundation for Natural Resources and Energy Law Digital Library collection, please hit the "Browse Libraries" button in the middle of the screen.
On this new “Alabama & Federal” page, you would then need to click on the "Change jurisdiction by typing" box in the upper left corner. A dropdown menu will then appear, with the first choice in the dropdown menu being "All Federal." When you click on "All Federal," a new page with a menu of the Foundation for Natural Resources and Energy Law materials the Department of the Interior has access to will appear.
· All Annual and Special Institute papers are included in full, along with many original graphics
· Original articles published in The Foundation's Journal are included, coverage beginning in 2004
· Page numbers from the original hardbound version are embedded in most papers, allowing for traditional citation
· Links on the table of contents take you to specific papers
· Documents can be downloaded or printed, and text can be copied and pasted into any standard word-processing program
· Search by keyword, natural language, or citation
· Search a single volume or multiple volumes or search the complete library at one time
· Hyperlinks to Fastcase for cited cases
· Browse your search results