DOI UAS PRIVACY
The Department of the Interior has taken the following actions related to privacy:
- Operating UAS primarily over DOI lands.
- Obtaining written permission from land owners when UAS operations has a need to launch and/or land on their property.
- Following standard FAA and DOI approved procedures for aircraft operations (including special use permits, landowner approval letters, and developing safety cases).
- Maintaining open and transparent UAS operations: UAS areas of operation.
- Public hearings are held if required by the DOI managing agency or local governing officials.
Read the U.S. Department of the Interior Privacy Impact Assessment.