All BLM Offices listed in the Appendix; the Boise Interagency Fire Center, BLM, 3905 Vista Avenue, Boise, Idaho 83705 and U. S. Department of the Interior, Bureau of Land Management, Denver Federal Center, Bldg. 50, Denver, Colorado 80225.
CATEGORIES OF INDIVIDUALS COVERED BY THE SYSTEM:
Individuals who have been authorized to use government vehicles for official business and for use between residence and place of employment.
CATEGORIES OF RECORDS IN THE SYSTEM:
The record contains the employee's name and purpose for use of vehicles.
AUTHORITY FOR MAINTENANCE OF THE SYSTEM:
40 U.S.C. 491(1).
ROUTINE USES OF RECORDS MAINTAINED IN THE SYSTEM, INCLUDING CATEGORIES OF USERS AND THE PURPOSES OF SUCH USES:
The primary use of the record is to maintain records of authorized uses of government vehicles.
Disclosures outside the Department of the Interior may be made
(1) To Federal, State or local agencies to verify an authorized use,
(2) To the U. S. Department of Justice when related to litigation or anticipated litigation, (3) of information indicating a violation or potential violation of a statute, regulation, rule, order or license, to appropriate Federal, State, local or foreign agencies responsible for investigating or prosecuting the violation or for enforcing or implementing the statute, rule, regulation, order or license,
(4) From the record of an individual in response to an inquiry from a Congressional office made at the request of that Individual, and
(5) To appropriate agencies, entities, and persons when:
(a) It is suspected or confirmed that the security or confidentiality of information in the system of records has been compromised; and
(b) The Department has determined that as a result of the suspected or confirmed compromise there is a risk of harm to economic or property interest, identity theft, or fraud, or harm to the security or integrity of this system or other systems or programs (whether maintained by the Department or another agency or entity) that rely upon the compromised information; and
(c) The disclosure is made to such agencies, entities, and persons who are reasonably necessary to assist in connection with the Department's efforts to respond to the suspected or confirmed compromise and prevent, minimize, or remedy such harm.
(6) To another Federal agency or Federal entity, when DOI determines that information from this system of records is reasonably necessary to assist the recipient agency or entity in:
(a) Responding to a suspected or confirmed breach; or
(b) Preventing, minimizing, or remedying the risk of harm to individuals, the recipient agency or entity (including its information systems, programs, and operations), the Federal Government, or national security, resulting from a suspected or confirmed breach.
POLICIES AND PRACTICES FOR STORING, RETRIEVING, ACCESSING, RETAINING, AND DISPOSING OF RECORDS IN THE SYSTEM:
Manual, file folders arranged alphabetically by name.
RETENTION AND DISPOSAL:
Record destroyed two years after return of vehicle.
Indexed by name of employee.
In accordance with CFR 43 2.51.
SYSTEM MANAGER(S) AND ADDRESS:
Assistant Director--Administration, U. S. Department of the Interior, Bureau of Land Management, 18th and C Streets, NW, Washington, DC 20240.
To determine whether the records are maintained on you in this system, write to the Systems Manager or to the offices cited under Records Location.
RECORD ACCESS PROCEDURES:
To see your records write to the Systems Manager or to the offices cited under Records Location. Describe as specifically as possible the records sought. If copies are desired, indicate the maximum you are willing to pay
CONTESTING RECORD PROCEDURES:
To request corrections or the removal of material from you files, write the Systems Manager.