Tip 10: Document the Details Elsewhere
- Reduce the number and size of lengthy appendices, including comment responses, whenever possible.
- Document and include processes, data sets, maps, and detailed analyses in the Decision File.
- Consider creating technical reports or online materials for easy and recurring referencing.
Managing Detailed Information
- Include only key information and findings needed to support conclusions.
- Rather than simply move detailed content from the body of the document into appendices, consider creative options such as searchable technical reports and interactive web content, which could serve more than one NEPA process or document.
- Reference and briefly summarize detailed analyses in the main body of the document.
- Post detailed information and data online to allow stakeholders easy access to the material.