System of Award Management (SAM) Bulletin

The requirements for SAM (System of Award Management) registration have changed. You are only required to register in SAM if you enter into a contractual agreement with the Federal Government. PILT payment recipients (vendors) are NOT REQUIRED to register in SAM even though electronic payment is the most cost-effective, convenient method of payment. We encourage you to register in SAM.

Existing Vendors (Local units of government that have previously received PILT payments)

If you are currently registered in SAM, you are required to update or renew your registration at least once a year in order to maintain an active status. The SAM website is Changes will interface into our financial system so that you can receive your 2017 PILT payment electronically.

If you are not registered in SAM and want to continue to receive an electronic payment and have updates to your banking information, please request a vendor update form.

If you wish to continue receiving a check and your address information has changed, please request a vendor update form. An EFT waiver form is required.

New Vendors (Local units of government that are receiving PILT payments for the first time)

If you are a new vendor (county, town, or other unit of local government), you can register in SAM. The SAM website is

If you are a new vendor and are not going to register in SAM, please request a vendor update form.

Contact Information

Should you have any questions or need to request a form, please contact:
Robert Nevins at (303) 980-3810
or contact us.

If you have any general questions on the PILT program, please contact:
Dionna Kiernan at (202) 513-7783, or contact us.