2018 Yukon River Salmon Fishery News Release #8 Subsistence and Personal Use Permits Available Online

Districts Affected: Upper Yukon Area

Subsistence and personal use fishermen are required to have a household permit prior to fishing in portions of the upper Yukon River drainage (see map), including the Tanana River drainage and portions of the Koyukuk River. For information on permits and fish species, contact the Fish and Game office in Fairbanks at (907) 459-7274. Permits are available to Alaska Residents and are free of charge. New to this year, fishermen can obtain permits anytime online at www.adfg.alaska.gov/store. Permits are also available Monday through Friday during regular business hours at local fish and game offices in Fairbanks, Delta Junction, Tok, and Anchorage.

Last edited 01/25/2022
Contact Information

Jeff Estensen, Area Management Biologist

Christy Gleason, Asst. Area Management Biologist

Upper Yukon Area Office

(907) 459-7274

Also new to this year, permit holders will be able to report harvest and return their permit online at www.adfg.alaska.gov/sf/PU. Fishermen can also return permits to local Fish and Game offices or by mail to the Fairbanks office.

If you are fishing outside of a permit area, contact the Fairbanks office to obtain a subsistence survey calendar to document salmon harvest.

The department would like to extend its appreciation to all the households who have returned their previous permits and participated in the subsistence salmon surveys. Documenting the Yukon River Area subsistence and personal use harvest has been successful because of the cooperation of fishermen throughout the drainage.


Map of the Yukon River drainage. Subsistence and personal use permits are required in the areas shaded dark gray. If you are fishing in the areas shaded in light gray, contact the Fairbanks office to obtain a subsistence survey calendar.

View Full News Release


Was this page helpful?

Please provide a comment