Office of Policy Analysis - National Invasive Species Council
Some critical coordination issues include:• Raising awareness about the environmental and economic impacts of invasive species, and determining how to best protect natural resources;
• Preventing the introduction of additional invasive species;
• Early detection of invasive species populations, and encouraging rapid responses to slow their spread and prevent their establishment;
• Controlling established invasive species to protect, and where needed, restore natural resources;
• Addressing a range of Federal organizational collaboration challenges;
• Using international-scale approaches and regional initiatives to address the movement of invasive species around the globe.
Tangible improvements in water quality, species recovery and habitat improvement are being acheived through collaborative partnerships to prevent and control invasive species.
For more information on the National Invasive Species Council, please visithttp://www.invasivespecies.gov/.