The Chief Financial Officers Council expects agencies to begin using new government-wide performance indicators to report the status of their finances shortly. So far, the council has settled on eight measures but could add more later according to the Office of Management and Budget. OMB believes there are certain things that are common and relevant across all agencies.
The eight metrics identified so far are:
- Reconciled and unreconciled cash balances
- Suspense clearing
- Delinquent Accounts Receivable Due from the Public
- Electronic payments
- Percent of non-credit-card invoices paid on time
- Interest penalties paid
- Travel card delinquency trends
- Purchase card delinquency trends.