Any person who believes that he/she has been discriminated on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, or disability in any program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance from this Department may file a complaint with Interior's Departmental Office of Civil Rights. Likewise, complaints alleging sex discrimination in federally assisted education programs may be filed with us. An individual may, also, file a disability rights complaint with us regarding any aspect of the Department of the Interior's operations. In addition, under Title II of the ADA, disability rights complaints may be filed with us regarding certain types of State and local government programs or activities whether or not they receive Federal financial assistance, i.e., all State and local government programs, services, and regulatory activities relating to lands and natural resources, including parks and recreation, water and waste management, environmental protection, energy, historic and cultural preservation, and museums.

In filing a complaint with us, the complaint must be in writing, signed and dated, and filed no later than 180 days from the date of the alleged discrimination. The complaint should include your name, address, zip code, and telephone number; the name and address of the alleged discriminatory official(s) and/or public entity; the nature of the complaint, the basis of the complaint (race, color, national origin, gender, age, sex and/or disability), and the date the alleged discrimination occurred. The complaint may be filed directly with the Director, Office of Civil Rights, U.S. Department of the Interior, 1849 C. Street, MS#: 4309, NW, Washington, D.C. 20240.