As the Director, Office of Environmental Policy and Compliance, Ms. Noble is the principal official responsible for:
- Directing and coordinating Departmental environmental policy to achieve Department-wide compliance with the full range of applicable environmental laws and regulations;
- Providing leadership and guidance for Departmental implementation of the National Environmental Policy Act and for coordinating the Department’s review of the environmental and natural resources aspects of non-Interior projects;
- Providing leadership and guidance to ensure the Department achieves its sustainability goals;
- Overseeing the Department’s Central Hazardous Materials Fund;
- Serving as the Department’s representative on the National Response Team and providing guidance and coordination of Departmental responses for oil and hazardous materials spills; and
- Overseeing the Department’s activities to protect and recover natural and cultural resources and historic properties during emergency response actions.
Ms. Noble came to the Department from the U.S. Coast Guard where she served as the Chief of the Environmental Law Division. Prior to that she served as the Senior Environmental Attorney at the Maritime Administration under the Department of Transportation. Before joining the Federal Government, Ms. Noble worked for several private law firms in New Orleans handling complex litigation on a variety of environmental and maritime matters. Ms. Noble successfully completed the Department of Homeland Security Senior Executive Service Candidate Development Program and received her J.D. and Certificate in Maritime Law from Tulane University and a Bachelor of Science in Maritime Administration from Texas A&M University.
Back to OEPC