Visit Arches and discover a landscape of contrasting colors, landforms and textures unlike any other in the world. The park has over 2,000 natural stone arches, in addition to hundreds of soaring pinnacles, massive fins and giant balanced rocks. This red rock wonderland will amaze you with its formations, refresh you with its trails, and inspire you with its sunsets.
A rugged, whitewater river flowing northward through deep canyons, the New River is among the oldest rivers on the continent. New River Gorge National River in West Virginia encompasses over 70,000 acres of land along the New River, is rich in cultural and natural history, and offers an abundance of scenic and recreational opportunities.
Denali is six million acres of wild land, bisected by one ribbon of road. Travelers along it see the relatively low-elevation taiga forest give way to high alpine tundra and snowy mountains, culminating in North America's tallest peak, 20,310' Denali. Wild animals large and small roam un-fenced lands, living as they have for ages. Solitude, tranquility and wilderness await.
Below is the weekly list of Items of Interest to the Department of the Interior. This list includes items appearing in the during the week of October 14-18, 2013. If you have any questions or wish to receive full-text copies of any of the items on this list, please contact Interior Library by phone at (202) 208-5815, e-mail at email@example.com, or in person or by mail at 1849 C Street, NW, MS 1151, Washington, DC 20240.
OCTOBER 14, 2013
OCTOBER 15, 2013
OCTOBER 16, 2013
1. 78 FR 62317, Notices, DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY (DOE) Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), [Docket No. PF13-17-000], Clarksville Gas and Water, ACTION: Notice of Intent To Prepare an Environmental Assessment for the Planned Interconnect Pipeline Project, Request for Comments on Environmental Issues, and Notice of Public Scoping Meeting.
2. 78 FR 62319, Notices, DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY (DOE) Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), [Docket No. PF13-14-000], Golden Pass Products, LLC, Golden Pass Pipeline, LLC, ACTION: Notice of Intent To Prepare an Environmental Assessment for the Planned Golden Pass LNG Export Project and Golden Pass Export Pipeline Project, Request for Comments on Environmental Issues, and Notice of Public Scoping Meeting.
3. 78 FR 62322, Notices, DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY (DOE) Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), [Docket No. AD13-9-000], Hydropower Regulatory Efficiency Act of 2013, ACTION: Notice of Rescheduled Two-Year Licensing Process Workshop.
OCTOBER 17, 2013
OCTOBER 18, 2013
4. 78 FR 62337, Presidential Documents, PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, Proclamation 9041 of October 11, 2013, Title 3-- The President Columbus Day, 2013 By the President of the United States of America, A Proclamation.
5. 78 FR 62347, Notices, DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY (DOE) Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), [Project No. 2387-002], The City of Holyoke Gas & Electric Department, ACTION: Notice of Intent To File License Application, Filing of Pre-Application Document, and Approving Use of the Traditional Licensing Process.