A rugged, whitewater river flowing northward through deep canyons, the New River is among the oldest rivers on the continent. New River Gorge National River in West Virginia encompasses over 70,000 acres of land along the New River, is rich in cultural and natural history, and offers an abundance of scenic and recreational opportunities.
Big Southern Butte is one of two domes rising from a sea of basalt near the center of the eastern Snake River Plain in Idaho. The butte is one of the largest volcanic domes in the world, but at 300,000 years old it is also one of the youngest. Hikers who trek to the 7,550-foot high summit are rewarded with spectacular panoramic views. Photo by Devin Englestead, BLM Upper Snake Wildlife Biologist.
First light at Bosque del Apache National Wildlife Refuge in New Mexico. Established in November 22, 1939, the refuge has provided a critical stopover and wintering spot for thousands of sandhill cranes, geese and other waterfowl for 75 years. Bosque del Apache's sandhill crane population has multiplied from 18 birds in the 1840s to more than 20,000 birds today. Photo by Kim Hang Dessoliers (www.sharetheexperience.org).
Below is the weekly list of Federal Register Items of Interest to the Department of the Interior. This list includes items appearing in the Federal Register during the week of October 29-November 2, 2012. If you have any questions or wish to receive full-text copies of any of the items on this list, please contact Interior Library by phone at (202) 208-5815, e-mail at Library@nbc.gov, or in person or by mail at 1849 C Street, NW, MS 1151, Washington, DC 20240.
OCTOBER 29, 2012
1. 77 FR 65542, Notices, DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY (DOE) Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Technical Advisory Committee (HTAC), ACTION: Notice of Open Meeting.
2. 77 FR 65547, Notices, ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY (EPA), [FRL-9747-5], Reissuance of the NPDES General Permits for Oil and Gas Exploration Facilities on the Outer Continental Shelf and Contiguous State Waters in the Beaufort Sea and on the Outer Continental Shelf in the Chukchi Sea, AK, ACTION: Notice of availability of final NPDES general permits.
3. 77 FR 65574, Notices, DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIOR (DOI) United States Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS), [FWS-R6-R-2012-N239; FF06R06000 134 FXRS1265066CCP0], Lake Andes National Wildlife Refuge Complex, Lake Andes, SD; Draft Comprehensive Conservation Plan and Environmental Assessment, ACTION: Notice of availability; announcement of meeting; request for comments.
4. 77 FR 65576, Notices, DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIOR (DOI) National Park Service (NPS), [NPS-WASO-CONC-11166; 2410-OYC], Notice of Continuation of Concession Contract, ACTION: Notice.
OCTOBER 30, 2012
5. 77 FR 65673, Notices, DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE (DOC) National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS), RIN 0648-XC322, Endangered Species; File No. 16248, ACTION: Notice; receipt of application.
6. 77 FR 65676, Notices, DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY (DOE) Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), [Project No. 14447-000], L.S. Starrett Company; Notice of Application Accepted for Filing With the Commission, Intent To Waive Scoping, Soliciting Motions To Intervene and Protests, Ready for Environmental Analysis, Soliciting Comments, Terms and Conditions, and Recommendations, and Establishing An Expedited Schedule for Processing.
7. 77 FR 65681, Notices, DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY (DOE) Western Area Power Administration, Boulder Canyon Project--Post-2017 Resource Pool, ACTION: Notice of proposed marketing criteria.
8. 77 FR 65710, Notices, DEPARTMENT OF HOUSING AND URBAN DEVELOPMENT Office of the Chief Information Officer, [Docket No. FR-5603-C-74], Notice of Submission of Proposed Information Collection to OMB; Indian Housing Block Grants (IHBG) Program Reporting, ACTION: Notice; correction.
9. 77 FR 65712, Notices, DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIOR (DOI) Assistant Secretary for Indian Affairs Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA), Osage Negotiated Rulemaking Committee, ACTION: Notice of meetings.
OCTOBER 31, 2012
10. 77 FR 65864, Notices, DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE (DOC) National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS), RIN 0648-XC289, Receipt of an Application for Incidental Take Permit (16230), ACTION: Supplemental Notice of receipt of application for incidental take permit; availability of draft conservation plan.
11. 77 FR 65902, Notices, DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIOR (DOI) Office of the Secretary Office of Budget, Proposed Renewal of Information Collection: Payments in Lieu of Taxes, ACTION: Notice and request for comments.
12. 77 FR 65903, Notices, DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIOR (DOI) Geological Survey, [GX.13.GG00.99600.00], Agency Information Collection Activities: Comment Request, ACTION: Notice of an extension of an information collection (1028-0051).
13. 77 FR 65904, Notices, DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIOR (DOI) Bureau of Land Management (BLM), [LLNM940000. L1420000.BJ0000], Notice of Filing of Plats of Survey, New Mexico, ACTION: Notice of filing of plats of survey.
14. 77 FR 65905, Notices, DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIOR (DOI) Bureau of Land Management (BLM), [LLCAC069 L1711.0000 AL.0000 025B], Notice of Public Meeting of the Carrizo Plain National Monument Advisory Council, ACTION: Notice of public meeting.
15. 77 FR 65905, Notices, DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIOR (DOI) Bureau of Land Management (BLM), [LLCAD01000 L12200000.AL 0000], Meeting of the California Desert District Advisory Council.
16. 77 FR 65905, Notices, DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIOR (DOI) Bureau of Land Management (BLM), [LLOR-936000-L14300000-ET0000; HAG12-0229; OROR-46473], Notice of Proposed Withdrawal Extension and Opportunity for Public Meeting; OR, ACTION: Notice.
17. 77 FR 65906, Notices, DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIOR (DOI) National Park Service (NPS), [NPS-PWR-MIIN-11234; 9360-726], Minor Boundary Revision at Minidoka National Historic Site, ACTION: Notification of boundary revision.
18. 77 FR 65929, Notices, DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION (DOT) Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), Notice of Final Federal Agency Actions on the Tappan Zee Hudson River Crossing Project in New York, ACTION: Notice of Limitation on Claims for Judicial Review of Actions by FHWA and Other Federal Agencies.
NOVEMBER 1, 2012
19. 77 FR 66077, Notices, ADVISORY COUNCIL ON HISTORIC PRESERVATION, Notice of ACHP Quarterly Business Meeting, ACTION: Notice.
NOVEMBER 2, 2012
20. 77 FR 66185, Notices, DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIOR (DOI) Bureau of Ocean Energy Management, Regulation and Enforcement (BOEMRE), [Docket No. BOEM-2012-0086], Environmental Assessment for Potential Commercial Wind Lease Issuance and Site Assessment Activities on the Atlantic Outer Continental Shelf (OCS) Offshore Massachusetts, ACTION: Notice of the availability of an environmental assessment.
21. 77 FR 66215, Notices, DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION (DOT) Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), Limitation of Claims Notice for Judicial Review of Actions by FHWA and Other Federal Agencies in the City of Cincinnati, Hamilton County, OH and the City of Covington, Kenton County, KY, ACTION: Notice of limitation on claims for judicial review of actions by FHWA and other federal agencies.
22. 77 FR 66353, Presidential Documents, PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, Executive Order 13629 of October 26, 2012, Title 3-- The President Establishing the White House Homeland Security Partnership Council, Part IV.