Request Help

help button, red with white lettering

How to Get an Attorney Assigned

Are you a manager, supervisor, or staff member of a Human Resources or Equal Employment Opportunity office who needs legal advice on an employment or labor matter?

Do you need to refer a personnel-related matter that is in litigation to attorneys in the Employment and Labor Law Unit (ELLU)?

If so, you are encouraged to download and complete an ELLU Assignment Intake Form and send the completed form to ELLU’s assignment intake email at

Once ELLU receives the completed form, we will assign the matter to an attorney on our staff. The assigned attorney will contact you to confirm that the matter is being handled.  ELLU Attorney Contact information provides the list of ELLU attorneys with their location and phone numbers.   

Special Procedures for Allegations of Harassing Conduct

If you have recently learned of allegations of harassment and need immediate assistance, complete a Harassment Allegation Intake Form and contact the ELLU's Harassment Duty Attorney who is on call to provide immediate, same-day legal advice to managers, supervisors and ER staff who need guidance on what interim steps they may need to take when learning of harassing conduct.

Other Resources


Employee Assistance Program

Office of Collaborative Action and Dispute Resolution (CADR)

Office of Inspector General

Human Resources

Office of Civil Rights

Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Offices Contact Information

Drug and Alcohol Testing Program


Was this page helpful?