A rugged, whitewater river flowing northward through deep canyons, the New River is among the oldest rivers on the continent. New River Gorge National River in West Virginia encompasses over 70,000 acres of land along the New River, is rich in cultural and natural history, and offers an abundance of scenic and recreational opportunities.
The Southwest Climate Science Center (CSC) has released its 2015 Annual Science Workplan. This Annual Science Workplan details the specific research priorities and planned actions for the SW CSC during federal fiscal year 2015.
This workplan details six major priorities for FY 2015 research projects at the SW CSC:
1. Anticipating climate change and variability at intermediate timescales.
2. Linking climatic, hydrological and ecological changes at intermediate timescales.
3. Hydrological effects of climate change in the Southwest.
4. Effects of climate change on coastlines, estuaries, and wetlands.
5. Design and implementation of monitoring strategies.
6. Hydroclimatic change and terrestrial ecosystems.