Principles Applicable to All Technology Transfer Agreements
(1) Support the mission and objectives of the bureau or office.
(2) Serve the public interest.
(3) Aid or facilitate bureau or office programs.
(4) Offer the bureau or office an opportunity to draw upon or expand its technical capabilities and understanding as a result of the exchange with the collaborator.
(5) Comply with applicable laws, regulations, and policies.
(6) Remain consistent with the scientific integrity policy (305 DM 3).
(7) Ensure that non-proprietary information about the projects will remain undisclosed.
(8) Be supported by funding and other resources that are sufficient to complete the identified activities.
(9) Avoid substantial competition with the private sector, consistent with 15 U.S.C. § 3710(c)-(5).
(10) Ensure confidential information is protected to the extent required by law.