The Office of Subsistence Management conducted a series of workshops to develop strategic plans for several of the Fisheries Resource Monitoring Program regions. Federal and State fishery managers, scientists, Alaska Native and rural organization representatives, and Regional Advisory Council members participated in these workshops. During each workshop, Federal subsistence fisheries management research needs were identified and prioritized. The strategic plans and information needs identified by the Regional Advisory Councils guide the request for proposals and ensure that data collected address the highest priority Federal subsistence fisheries management issues.
Subsistence Fisheries Monitoring Program Strategic Plans
- Bristol Bay-Chignik Area Strategic Plan
- Kodiak-Aleutians Area Strategic Plan
- Southcentral Alaska Strategic Plan
- Southeast Alaska Strategic Plan - Part I
- Southeast Alaska Strategic Plan - Part II
- Yukon and Kuskokwim Whitefish Strategic Plan