Pollution Response and Natural Resource Trusteeship
Training Module On NRDA
For Personnel Involved In
Emergency Response To
Oil Spills And Hazardous Substance Releases
Under The National Oil And Hazardous Substances
What is this module about?
This training module provides an overview of the involvement of natural resource trustees in preparedness and response activities under the National Oil and Hazardous Substances Pollution Contingency Plan (NCP).
Many cross reference links are provided to the statutes and other information on related topics.
The module explains:
- why natural resource trustees are involved in preparedness and response activities;
- what and who natural resource trustees are;
- what natural resources are;
- what On-Scene Coordinators are obligated to do with regard to natural resource trustees;
- natural resource trustee responsibilities in preparedness and response activities; and
- natural resource trustee responsibilities for natural resource damage assessment and restoration.
Who should use this module?
This module is intended for use by Federal On-Scene Coordinators and others involved in preparedness and response activities under the NCP. It presupposes basic familiarity with the NCP and the National Response System (NRS).
What will you know when you finish the module?
The module will help you understand why trustees are involved in preparedness and response activities, what to expect from trustee involvement, how trustee natural resource damage assessment activities relate to response activities, and where to go for further information.
Selected photos courtesy of Tri-State Bird Rescue.