- Environmental Review Distribution Requirements
- Environmental Review Assignments
- Council on Environmental Quality
Federal Agency NEPA Contacts
CEQ Regulations and Appendices
- Handbook on Departmental Review of Section 4(f) Evaluations
- Department of the Interior NEPA Regulations
- Environmental Justice
- Adaptive Management
- Environmental Memoranda
- EPA Guidance for Filing Environmental Impact Statements
- Protection and Enhancement of Environmental Quality – 516 DM 1
- Relationship to Decision Making – 516 DM 2
- Managing the NEPA Process – 516 DM 3
- Review of EISs and Project Proposals by Other Federal Agencies – 516 DM 4
- Managing the NEPA Process – Office of Native Hawaiian Relations – 516 DM 7
- Managing the NEPA Process – U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service – 516 DM 8
- Managing the NEPA Process – U.S. Geological Survey – 516 DM 9
- Managing the NEPA Process – Bureau of Indian Affairs – 516 DM 10
- Managing the NEPA Process – Bureau of Land Management – 516 DM 11
- Managing the NEPA Process – National Park Service – 516 DM 12
- Managing the NEPA Process – Office of Surface Mining – 516 DM 13
- Managing the NEPA Process – Bureau of Reclamation – 516 DM 14
- Managing the NEPA Process – Minerals Management Service – 516 DM 15
- Environmental Quality Programs - Pesticides - 517 DM 1
The National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and the regulations of the Council on Environmental Quality (40 CFR 1500-1508) (CEQ NEPAnet - POLICY, REGULATIONS, NEPA LINKS ) require that the Department has an effective compliance program and implementing procedures and its bureaus have similar programs and internal guidance. This includes issuing policy, technical, and procedural guidance; providing technical assistance; determining technical and procedural adequacy of certain environmental documents; resolving intra-Departmental differences that involve more than one program Assistant Secretary and interagency differences; conducting ongoing evaluation of compliance; and identifying problems, recommending solutions and implementing changes for improving Departmental and bureau compliance programs.
Natural Resources Management Team functions:
Departmental Environmental Documents
NEPA and the CEQ Regulations affect many Interior activities and specifically require environmental impact statements for major Interior actions having significant environmental effects. The Team ensures this compliance through review and approval of environmental documents and environmental compliance consultation with bureaus.
Federal Project Reviews
The Team manages the Department's technical and policy reviews of the environmental and natural resource aspects of non-Interior projects and proposals. The Team ensures that the Department and its bureaus have programs and procedures to accomplish this review work.
The Team manages the Department's review of non-Interior regulations affecting the Department's natural resources, environmental interests, and pollution control activities.