About Sharon D. Eller
Director of Civil Rights
Mrs. Eller began her career at Wright Patterson AFB Dayton, Ohio as a Master’s level co-op student. She acquired experience in staffing, classifications, labor relations, employee relations and equal opportunity before moving to Washington, D.C. She began working with the Air Force National Guard personnel office; then transferred to the Headquarters National Guard program. In 1984, she began working for the U.S Custom Service. Part of her responsibilities was the recruitment retention and development of Hispanics into the U.S Custom Service. Mrs. Eller was designated an Expert Witness for the Department of Treasury on issues associated with Law Enforcement. Mrs. Eller worked as a member of a multi-agency task force, to improve the development and selection of women into supervisory and managerial positions.
In 1990, Mrs. Eller was selected as the Chief, Staffing and Classification for Minerals Management Service. In 1991, she was selected as the MMS Personnel Officer. In 1992, she became the Personnel Officer to the Office of the Secretary, Department of the Interior. She then became the Assistant Inspector General/Management and Policy in 1995, Department of the Interior. Mrs. Eller entered the Senior Executive Service in 2000, in the Inspector General’s Office.
Mrs. Eller is a native of Florida. She lives in Manassas, Virginia with her junior high school boyfriend and now husband, Barry.
- 1976 Bachelor of Science with distinction, University of Arkansas, Little Rock
- 1980 Masters of Science with distinction, Wright State University, Ohio
- Numerous job related training programs
- National Association of Female Executives
- Women of Washington
- Senior Executive Association
- Executive Women in Government
- Federal Women's Program Manager Award
- Numerous Service Awards
- Who's Who in America/Outstanding Young Women 1978