The sponsor of each non-DOI site below is identified, but no endorsement of outside organizations or opinions is implied. DOI assumes no responsibility for the content of non-DOI sites.
- VetGuide, published by the Office of Personnel Management, is an encyclopedic resource about Federal veterans' preference issues in appointments, reduction in force, service credit, special appointing authorities, restoration after uniformed service, special redress and appeals, and many other topics.
- Veterans Preference, supported by the Army, explains 5 and 10 point preference, medical disqualification, eligibility for Gulf War service, eligibility for service in Bosnia, Veteran's Readjustment Appointment (VRA), and many other topics.
- Special Noncompetitive Appointing Authorities for Veterans, Federal personnel rules provided by OPM.
- Center for Minority Veterans works to improve access and timeliness of benefits and services to minority veterans, and outreaching to minority veterans in the community.
- Veteran's Groups, supported by Yahoo, with more than 230 links to organizations.
- Disabled American Veterans. Formed in 1920 and chartered by Congress in 1932, the million-member DAV is the official voice of America's service-connected disabled veterans -- a strong, insistent voice that represents all of America's 2.1 million disabled veterans, their families and survivors.
- Disabled Veterans' Organizations, supported by Yahoo, lists additional organizations.