How do I get started?
Answer the following questions to determine if a partnership with Department of the Interior bureaus will help you meet your goals:
What do you want to do? (top)What type of project or activity are you interested in?
Here are some examples:
- Create and maintain a trail.
- Be a volunteer.
- Become a campground host.
- Educate children about natural resources
What are your specific goals? (top)
- For example, do you want to create a hiking trail, restore a waterway, build a boat ramp, educate a scout troop?
- What would a successful project/activity look like?
Are there particular bureaus or partners with whom you wish to work? (top)
Here is a list of bureaus within the Department of the Interior (DOI) and other Federal entities that work collaboratively with DOI:
- Bureau of Land Management
- Minerals Management Service
- Office of Surface Mining
- Bureau of Reclamation
- U.S. Geological Survey
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
- National Park Service
- Bureau of Indian Affairs
- USDA Forest Service
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
Potential resources needed for partnerships:
What kind of resources will the partnership need? (top)
- In-kind assistance.
- Staff time.
Need some more ideas? (top)Here are some ideas:
Where can I get more information? (top)
Contact Information for each Department of the Interior bureau.