A Partnership IS:
- A handshake, not a handout.
- A written agreement between the parties.
- An agreement that outlines the parties' mutual interest in, mutual benefits from, or mutually desired goals of a common objective related to the mission of the bureau.
- An agreement with appropriate legal authority.
- An agreement that involves voluntary participation.
- Consistent with the partners' plans, policies, and priorities.
- An agreement that demonstrates real benefits to the public.
- Wholly owned by each partner organization.
- An agreement that has a realistic timeframe with sufficient lead time to acquire funding, materials and necessary approvals.
A Partnership is NOT:
- A conflict of interest or appearance of conflict of interest or preferential treatment of one entity over another.
- An endorsement of commercial products, services, or entities.
- A way to get around laws that apply to things like recreational use, procurement of goods and services, etc.
- Marketing or promotion of partners in any way, except for recognition of the contribution.