Office of Audits, Inspections, and Evaluations
Assistant Inspector General for Audits, Inspections, and Evaluations
Deputy Assistant Inspector General for Audits, Inspections, and Evaluations
Deputy Assistant Inspector General for Operational Support
The Office of Audits, Inspections, and Evaluations conducts, supervises, and coordinates reviews that:
- Measure DOI programs and operations against best practices and objective criteria to determine efficiency and effectiveness.
- Evaluate revenues and expenditures of the Insular Area Governments of the American Samoa, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, Guam, and the United States Virgin Islands; and DOI funds provided under the Compact of Free Association between the United States Government and the Federated States of Micronesia, the Republic of the Marshall Islands, and the Republic of Palau.
- Examine DOI financial statements to determine if they are presented fairly and in accordance with accounting principles.
- Audit DOI grants and contracts awarded to State, local, tribal, and Insular Area governments; for-profit and non-profit organizations; and educational institutions.
- Oversee the work of non-Federal auditors.
- Serve as the Federal audit agency responsible for determining compliance with the Single Audit Act of 1984, as amended. For more information about the role of the OIG and the Single Audit Act, please visit the DOI OIG Single Audit Oversight page.
View a copy of the Fiscal Year 2014 Annual Audit Work Plan, which outlines 1) the mandatory and requested projects; 2) discretionary activities; and 3) subject areas where we plan to target our resources.
To read the most recent report on the system review of the U.S. Department of the Interior Office of Inspector General audit organization, click here.
Please click here for information on requesting contract audit requests.