The OIG hotline is a clearinghouse for receiving and handling allegations regarding fraud, waste, abuse, mismanagement, or misconduct that affects DOI programs and operations. Please think carefully about the allegation and the information you have available that can help us determine if mismanagement or criminal conduct has been committed. To process your allegation, we need you to provide as much information as possible regarding the suspect and the victim. Your information should include:
- Who committed the wrongdoing (person, company, or organization);
- What exactly did the individual or entity do;
- Where did the activity take place;
- When did it happen;
- How was the activity committed;
- Do you know why the person committed wrongdoing; and
- Who else has knowledge of the potential wrongdoing?
Without sufficient information we may be unable to act on your allegation. The more information you provide, the better chance we have of determining whether any wrongdoing has occurred. The OIG is very interested in the information you have to provide regarding waste, fraud, abuse, mismanagement, or misconduct in DOI programs.
Examples of allegations can be found on the Crime Definitions page.