OIG FOIA Library
Frequently Requested Documents
- The OIG Report database includes the OIG's congressional testimony from July 2000 to the present, publicly released audit reports and reports of investigation from 1995 to the present, and Semiannual Reports to Congress from 1996 to the present.
- OIG Fiscal Year 2012 Budget Justification
- DOI FOIA Annual Reports
- OIG Strategic Plan
- Privacy Act (PA) Notices
Departmental Policies and Procedures
- Electronic Library of Interior Policies (ELIPS)
- DOI FOIA Handbook provides the Department's policies and procedures for processing FOIA requests.
- FOIA Policy and Guidance includes the statutory and regulatory citations related to FOIA and DOI policies and procedures.
- PA Policy and Guidance includes statutory and regulatory citations relevant to PA and DOI policies and procedures.
- Departmental Records Management Program provides policies and guidance for creating, maintaining, using, and disposing of agency records, including email. The program also explains what constitutes an agency record and the responsibilities of DOI employees under the Federal Records Act.
- Office of Acquisition and Property Management coordinates policy development and promotes professionalism through program evaluation and guidance, support to capital planning, and advocacy and support for program and bureau operations.
- Office of the Chief Information Officer provides leadership to the Department and its bureaus in all areas of information management and technology.
- Cooperation with the OIG
- Peer Review of OIG's Audit Organization
Administrative Staff Manuals and Instructions
Final Opinions and Adjudications
- Your Right to Federal Records, a joint publication of the Department of Justice and the General Services Administration, concerns both FOIA and the Privacy Act.
- The U.S. Department of the Interior Electronic Reading Room
- DOI FOIA Program offers information that applies to the DOI FOIA program.
- A Citizen's Guide to the FOIA, prepared by the House Committee on Government Reform, is a guide to both FOIA and the Privacy Act.
- DOJ FOIA Guide, an extensive discussion of the Act's exemptions and procedural aspects, was prepared by the Department of Justice's Office of Information and Privacy.
- FOIA.gov is a Government-wide portal for the Freedom of Information Act. It provides access to all the FOIA data collected by the Department of Justice on behalf of the Federal Government, information about the FOIA and making FOIA requests, and access to several major information releases.
- DOI FOIA Contacts lists FOIA contact information for DOI Headquarters and all bureaus and offices within DOI.
- The Freedom of Information Act, as amended (5 U.S.C. § 552)
- The Inspector General Act of 1978, 5 U.S.C. app. 3 § 8G, as amended
- OPEN Government Act of 2007
- DOJ Privacy Act Overview is a discussion of the Privacy Act's disclosure prohibition, access and amendment provisions, and agency record-keeping requirements.