Shipping and Receiving/Loading Dock
The Office of Facilities and Administrative Services (OFAS) provides Interior Complex shipping and receiving services and also manages and operates the Main Interior Building (MIB) loading dock. This includes processing all incoming and outgoing packages, freight, and delivery of packages to client offices.
Normal Business Hours:
7:30 AM to 4:30 PM – Monday through Friday (Normal Government Workdays)
Loading Dock Location:
The loading dock is located in the 1600 East Corridor of the Main Interior Building, and is accessible from 18th Street via Ramp D.
Loading Dock and Ramp Restrictions:
The loading dock can accommodate tractor trailers or trucks up to 26' in length and 13' in height. Parking at the loading dock is limited to deliveries only and extended parking is not allowed.
Incoming deliveries from local carriers: Individuals local carriers (i.e., FedEx, DHL, UPS Office supply companies, etc.) are processed through the loading dock and deliver their packages directly to the client office once the packages are inspected and x-rayed by security.
Receipt and delivery of freight and packages: OFAS loading dock staff will receive and process shipments of freight and packages from all other vendors. This includes inspecting and signing for each package and delivering the packages to customers on a daily basis. Freight and packages delivered to the MIB for off-site bureaus (such as FWS, BLM and NPS) will be received and logged by the loading dock staff; and arrangements for delivery and/or unpacking if needed can be made by the client office through OFAS moving services.
Outgoing freight and packages: Client offices must deliver outgoing shipments of freight and packages to the loading, or arrangements can be made via the OFAS moving services for pickup of any large or heavy items. OFAS loading dock staff will weigh and prepare outgoing shipments and obtain signatures from the contact carrier upon pickup.
Helpful Tips and Information:
- Provide correct shipping information with name, room number, and phone number.
- Coordinate large deliveries in advance with shipping and receiving staff.
- Provide loading dock ramp restrictions to vendors and acquisition staff when ordering furniture, equipment or supplies.
- Payments associated with the use of a private carrier for shipment of incoming, or processing outgoing freight and packages, are to be made between the client office and the carrier prior to shipping.
- For information or assistance on moving large or heavy items, you can visit our moving services page or contact one of the individuals below.
If you need assistance, please contact the OFAS Service Desk at (202)-208-2222 or the individuals below: