Fleet Management Guide
The Office of Facilities and Administrative Services (OFAS), Administrative Services Division, provides fleet management services for the Office of the Secretary. Employees of those offices can arrange for the temporary use of government vehicles (one small sedan, passenger van and cargo van) by contacting the Fleet Management Office. Requests for temporary use must include date, type of vehicle, destination, contact name, telephone number and office. Vehicles are provided on a first come, first serve basis and employees are encouraged to utilize public transportation first.
Fleet Vehicle Use Requirements
- U.S. Government vehicles are to be used for official Government business only.
- Transporting passengers other than those who are officially authorized is strictly prohibited.
- All Government vehicles must be parked in their designated parking spaces while not in use.
- All Government vehicle operators are required to have a valid driver’s license.
- Every time a government vehicle is used, a complete entry must be made into the log book located in the vehicle.
- Government vehicle credit cards are assigned to each vehicle and are identified by the corresponding vehicle license tag number. Government credit cards are to be used for fuel only and receipts are to be kept in the vehicle logbook. Drivers are required to re-fuel the vehicles.
- Accidents or any auto body damage to the Government vehicles must be reported immediately to the Fleet Management Office and local police as appropriate.
- Traffic citations are the sole financial responsibility of the vehicle operator.
- Seatbelts are to be worn at all times.
- No cell phone usage permitted while operating a motor vehicle.
- Be sure to remove all trash and belongings.
Hours of Operation
7:00 am to 4:30 pm Government Workdays
To be sure your needs are met, reserve vehicles in advance.
If you need assistance, you may contact the OFAS service desk on (202) 208-2222, or one of the individuals below: