Records Management Program
The Federal Records Act (44 U.S.C. 31) and other regulations require all federal agencies to create records that document their activities, file records for safe storage and efficient retrieval, and dispose of records according to agency schedules.
ELECTRONIC RECORDS MANAGEMENT
The DOI Records Program is leading a strategic effort to streamline records management, including electronic records management, across the Department. This multi-year initiative, now in planning stages, is designed to facilitate document searches and retrieval, records markings for special handling, improved access to Vital Records, and increased reliance on electronic versus paper records, in appropriate cases. This project will provide improved public transparency and access while reducing costs—saving taxpayer dollars.
- About the DOI-Records Management Program: Describe the DOI Records Management Program.
- What's New?: Provides information concerning new DOI records management policies, guidance, procedures, and major initiatives underway.
- Records Management Contacts: Provides a listing of all DOI bureau and office Records Officers, and their contact information.
- Policies and Guidance: Provides a listing of all DOI bureau and office Records Officers, and their contact information.
- Laws & Statutes: Provides a listing of all DOI bureau and office Records Officers, and their contact information.
- Tools: Frequently asked questions and guides for performing records management tasks.
- Related links: Frequently asked questions and guides for performing records management tasks.
If you have any questions or comments concerning the DOI-Records Management Program, please contact:
Records Management Office
1849 C Street, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20240
This feedback mailbox is not the proper recipient of Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests. All requests must be sent to the appropriate bureau/office FOIA Office. Requests may also be submitted to bureau/office FOIA Offices using an Electronic FOIA Request Form.