Information dissemination product catalogs, directories, inventories, and management tools
Links to information dissemination product catalogs, directories, inventories, and management tools used to improve the dissemination of and access to DOI information by the public.
U.S.Geological Survey (USGS)
- Primary access to all publicly available information is via the USGS main public portal or Web site (http://usgs.gov/).
- Links to the most significant or commonly requested publications, data and other information products, as well as product location and delivery services (including product catalogs, directories, inventories, data portals, and scientific information management tools and services), are organized and made available through a common “Maps, Imagery, and Publications” sub-site (http://usgs.gov/pubprod/).
- Selected information resources are organized by scientific topic and made available from the USGS home page through the “Science Topics” catalog interface (http://www.usgs.gov/science/).
- Selected information resources are organized by geographic location (State) and made available from the USGS home page through the “Science in Your Backyard” sub-site (http://usgs.gov/state/).
- Collections of information resources from across the USGS suitable for use by the professional Primary, Secondary, and Undergraduate Science Education communities, as well as parents and students, is made available through the USGS Education portal (http://education.usgs.gov/).
- Social Media at the USGS (http://usgs.gov/socialmedia/) provides a centralized collection of links to official USGS presences in social media. These enable public access to a variety of USGS data and information:
- Selected hazards data (e.g., earthquakes), general news, product announcements, and other information is specially formatted (e.g., in RSS, CAP, KML) for automated delivery to governmental organizations, partners, emergency responders, news media, and the general public via “syndicated news and data feeds” (http://usgs.gov/rss/) and tools such as Google Earth.
- Information on selected scientific topics and USGS activities is made available to the public via Facebook can be found athttp://facebook.com/USGeologicalSurvey.
- Information on selected scientific topics and USGS activities is made available to the public via Twitter athttp://twitter.com/USGSand through various other Twitter profiles listed onhttp://usgs.gov/socialmedia.
- Selected multimedia (photos and videos) from the USGS Multimedia Gallery (http://gallery.usgs.gov/) are posted to the USGS YouTube Channel (http://youtube.com/usgs) and the USGS Flickr site (http://flickr.com/USGeologicalSurvey).
- News releases and media advisories released through the USGS Newsroom sub-site (http://usgs.gov/newsroom/).
- Additional specialized scientific data, data dissemination tools, and program related information are made available through the main USGS topical areas pages located on the main USGS website (http://usgs.gov) under the “Start with Science” section.
- The USGS provides both direct and indirect access to selected datasets and tools through Data.gov (http://data.gov/).
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS)
- National Digital Library: http://digitalmedia.fws.gov/
- FWS Journal (Accomplishments Reporting System) — an online record of activities and accomplishments: http://www.fws.gov/FWSJournal/
- FWS home page with links to topics, programs, and regions:http://www.fws.gov
- Site index for fws.gov:http://www.fws.gov/info
- Environmental Conservation Online System — species data, regulatory information and documents, and map data:http://ecos.fws.gov
- Geospatial Services:http://www.fws.gov/gis/data/national/index.html
- Library of FWS policies, including Federal Register notices, FWS manuals, etc.: http://www.fws.gov/policy/
- Library of Information Quality Act challenge data and FWS peer review information:http://www.fws.gov/informationquality
- Central repository of FWS podcasts: http://www.fws.gov/home/feature/2008/podcast/podcastcentral.html
- Image library of duck stamps from 1939-present:
Bureau of Reclamation (BOR)
- BOR home page: http://www.usbr.gov/
- Reclamation Library website: http://www.usbr.gov/library
- Projects & Facilities Database:http://www.usbr.gov/projects/
- Educational Material/Videos:
- Reclamation Photograph Database: http://www.usbr.gov/lc/region/g5000/photolab/photostart.cfm
- Events and press releases website:http://www.usbr.gov/newsroom
Bureau of Land Management (BLM)
- BLM home page: http://www.blm.gov/
- BLM's Site Map Index:http://www.blm.gov/wo/st/en/National_Page/site_maps/site_map_index.html
- BLM National News Releases: http://www.blm.gov/wo/st/en/info/newsroom.html
- BLM State Office Newsrooms and RSS Feeds: http://www.blm.gov/wo/st/en/info/newsroom/newsroom_2.html
- Library of BLM policies, laws, regulations, Interior Board of Land Appeals decisions and orders, BLM manuals, etc.:http://www.blm.gov/wo/st/en/info/regulations.html
National Park Service (NPS)
- NPS home page athttp://www.nps.gov/.
- National News Releases athttp://www.nps.gov/news/listing.htm.
- NPS Library athttp://library.nps.gov/.
- NPS Photos & Multimedia athttp://www.nps.gov/photosmultimedia/index.htm.
Bureau of Ocean Energy, Regulation and Enforcement (BOEMRE)
- BOEMRE home page: http://www.boemre.gov/
- Site Index for BOEMRE: http://www.boemre.gov/topics/topic-index.htm
- BOEMRE press releases:http://www.boemre.gov/ooc/newweb/pressreleases/newsstories.htm
- BOEMRE online publications: http://www.boemre.gov/ooc/newweb/publications/publications.htm
- GIS data and maps: http://www.boemre.gov/offshore/mapping/index.htm
- Gulf of Mexico Region (GOMR) public information index: http://www.gomr.boemre.gov/homepg/pubinfo/piindex.html
- GOMR Public Information Ordering System:https://www.gomr.boemre.gov/pios/pfront.asp
- GOMR products and free data: http://www.gomr.boemre.gov/homepg/pubinfo/pdfindex.html
- GOMR Maps and Spatial Data: http://www.gomr.boemre.gov/homepg/pubinfo/MapsandSpatialData.html
- Alaska OCS Reading Room and Publications:
Interior Business Center (IBC)
- The catalog of products and services provided by the Interior Business Center is located at http://www.doi.gov/ibc
Office of Surface Mining (OSM)
- OSM Technical Library- OSM Office of Technical Transfers offers proactive technical assistance, interactive technical forums and workshops, library resources and references, and educational outreach:http://www.techtransfer.osmre.gov/NTTMainSite/osmlibrary.shtm
- OSM’s Appalachian Region Website:http://www.arcc.osmre.gov- A website supporting OSM’s Appalachian Regional Office (AR), the easternmost of three regional offices within theOSM,DOI.
- OSM’s Mid-Continent Region Website:http://www.mcrcc.osmre.gov- A website supporting OSM’s Mid-Continent Regional Office (MR), the central of three regional offices within theOSM,DOI.
- OSM’s Western Region Website:http://www.wrcc.osmre.gov- A website supporting OSM’s Western Regional Office (WR), the westernmost of three regional offices within theOSM,DOI.
- OSM’s National Technology Transfer Website:http://www.techtransfer.osmre.gov- A website for OSM’s Technology Development and Transfer Program, which supports and enhances the technical skills that States and Tribes need to operate their regulatory and reclamation programs and to effectively implement the Surface Mining Control and Reclamation Act established in 1977.
- Appalachian Regional Reforestation Initiative (ARRI):http://arri.osmre.gov/- A website which supports ARRI, a coalition of groups, including citizens, the coal industry, and government dedicated to restoring forests on coal mined lands in the Eastern United States.
- AMDTreat: http://amdtreat.osmre.gov- A website providing a computer application for estimating abatement costs for pollutional mine drainage, commonly referred to as Acid Mine Drainage or AMD (also Acid Rock Drainage or ARD).
- OSM’s National Mine Map Repository Website:http://mmr.osmre.gov- A website which collects and maintains mine map information and images for all types of mining for the entire country.