Inventory describing formal agreements
An inventory describing formal agreements (e.g., contracts, memorandum of understanding) with external entities (e.g., partnerships with State and local governments, public libraries, industry and commercial search engines) complementing your access to and dissemination of government information to the public
U.S.Geological Survey (USGS)
- The USGS provides site-wide public search through Google Custom Search Engine (CSE) athttp://search.usgs.gov/. Several individual USGS offices incorporate Linked CSEs through the main USGS Google CSE to provide customized local search results to the public.
- The USGS is also an active affiliate of USA Search, providing public access to government information athttp://usasearch.gov/.
- Researchers, managers, and policymakers can search for data and information about the nation’s natural resources via the National Biological Information Infrastructure’s public search enginehttp://search.nbii.gov/, which provides access to content from federal and state agencies, not-for-profit research and policy organizations, academic institutions, and the private sector.
- USGS Science Partnerships and Opportunities:
- Technology Transfer Partnership Opportunities:
- U. S. Geological Survey Domestic Memorandums of Understanding (MOU) with other Federal Agencies or Entities: http://www.usgs.gov/mou/
U.S.Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS)
- Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs) can be found using the search tool on the
FWS website (http://www.fws.gov).
- Environmental Conservation Online System (ECOS)
(http://ecos.fws.gov/ecos/indexPublic.do) is developed and maintained via a contract
- ECOS Agreements can be found athttp://ecos.fws.gov/conserv_plans/public.jsp.
- The Division of Policy and Directives Management contracts with the NBC for the database that offers FWS Federal Register Notices (http://www.fws.gov/policy/frsystem/default.cfm).
- Systran is an outside company that provides automatic language translations
- FWS Endangered Species Program Partnerships in Conservation at
- The FWS has a contract with Pricewaterhouse Coopers for the management of its Recovery Act Web content that is posted as part of the DOI Recovery Act site athttp://recovery.doi.gov/. This agreement allows us to fulfill our statutory requirement and provide transparency of our actions under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009.
Bureau of Reclamation (BOR)
- Reclamation’s formal agreements with external entities which complement our access to and dissemination of government information to the public are limited to those connected to our technical libraries. Reclamation’s Denver and regional office libraries collectively are a participating institution with the Online Computer Library Center (OCLC), for which we augment the world-wide, publicly accessible reference catalogue, and make available all of our non-sensitive publications via Inter-library Loan (ILL). A link to the OCLC is given here for reference purposes only:http://www.oclc.org/
Bureau of Land Management (BLM)
- BLM has no formal agency agreements. Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs) can be found using the search tool located on BLM’s website (http://www.blm.gov)
National Park Service (NPS)
- On the NPS website indexhttp://www.nps.gov/siteindex.htm, search for the term “MOUs” to yield the most current list of Memorandums of Understanding.
Bureau of Ocean Energy Management, Regulation and Enforcement (BOEMRE)
- BOEMRE public website describing partnerships with external entities:
- Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs) can be found using the search tool on the BOEMRE website (http://www.boemre.gov/)
Interior Business Center (IBC)
Office of Surface Mining (OSM)