The Interior Museum Program's newsletter, Interior Shelves, highlights some of the remarkable collections and exhibits managed and cared for by DOI bureaus and offices for use by researchers, educators, students, local communities, and many others.
Click on the links below to view and download the PDF file of each newsletter.
- Issue 1 - Articles about a partnership between Cape Cod National Seashore (NPS) and a local high school to bring documents about Native American genealogy to light, research on BOR's collection of bison fossils, and the reopening of the Interior Museum with an exhibit of Works Progress Administration (WPA) national park posters.
- Issue 1 - Articles about new NPS museum objects at Kalaupapa National Historical Park, the preservation of an archeological collection from an excavation at a National Historic Landmark in Oregon by a NPS curator and conservator, and the Frank Rinehart photograph collection owned and managed by Indian Affairs.
- Issue 2 - Articles about the archives collection of the Fish and Wildlife Service, especially those pertaining to the Civilian Conservation Corps, moving Nike Missile equipment between national park units for interpretative programming, and how the Indian Arts and Crafts Board are sharing their collections with the public.
- Issue 1 – Articles about D.C. Booth Historic National Fish Hatchery and Archives (FWS), virtual museum exhibits of the NPS, the Grand Canyon museum collection (NPS), and zoological collections of the USGS
- Issue 2 – Articles about the dinosaur exhibit at Dinosaur National Monument (NPS), the artwork provided to DOI senior staff through the Art-in-Office Program of the Interior Museum, and the partnership between the Flagstaff Area National Monuments and the Museum of Northern Arizona that promotes access and use of the important NPS collections.
- Issue 3 – Articles about Reclamation's collection at Hoover Dam, the preservation and use of totem poles at Sitka National Monument (NPS), and a BLM fossil collection at the New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science.
- Issue 1 – Articles about the basket collection at the Interior Museum, an unexpected fossil find at Olympic National Park (NPS), and the historic collection of USGS geologist Dr. David Love.
- Issue 2 – Articles about the archeological collections at the Anasazi Heritage Center (BLM), a BLM fossil collection at New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science, ship models at the San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park (NPS), and a collection of Civil War personal items donated to the Gettysburg National Military Park (NPS).