DOI-ITAP is currently recruiting DOI employees and retirees for short-term overseas details in:
- Georgia | Business Planning and Development in Protected Areas
- Georgia | Protected Areas Infrastructure Study
- Thailand | Water Resources Management
- Jordan | Concessions Management
- Jordan | Mountaineering Specialist
- Saudi Arabia | Protected Areas Management Advising (Long-Term)
Bangladesh | Protected Areas Management Mentor
- Bangladesh | Protected Areas Management, Tourism and Visitor Services Development, Facilities and Infrastructure Design and Development, and Community Involvement
If you would like to receive DOI-ITAP announcements or monthly newsletter via e-mail, please contact Colleen Castle to have your name added to our distribution list.
How to Apply
Those interested in being considered for this international assignment must:
- Send a resume and cover letter (as one document, preferably a PDF) summarizing direct, relevant work experience, related to the skills listed under application requirements. Please submit electronically to the project managers referenced in the announcement with the assignment title in the subject line.
- If your supervisor has already given approval, please indicate this.
- All applications should be submitted as soon as possible but no later than Application Deadline. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
All NPS applicants should copy their applications to Rudy D’Alessandro (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the NPS Office of International Affairs. All NPS applicants must have the approval to apply from their Associate Director or Regional Director. ADs/RDs fully encourage qualified NPS staff to apply; securing the approval of the ADs/RDs before applying is intended to ensure that supervisory chains are aware of the potential for ITAP engagement.
All BLM applicants should copy their applications to Olivia Sierra (email@example.com) in the BLM Office of International Affairs. BLM applicants must have the approval of their immediate supervisor to apply.
Employees of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Office of Law Enforcement are required to have supervisory approval prior to submitting an application.
Please note that ITAP travel does not require the use of a field office credit card and travel will not count towards ‘travel caps’.
The entire selection process may take several weeks. A short list of candidates will be interviewed by telephone. All candidates will be notified of the results of the selection process by email. The position is open to all applicants that meet the stated requirements. If applicants do not receive an email acknowledgement of receipt of their application, please inquire with the project managers listed in the announcement.
ITAP Travel Process
All DOI-ITAP travelers must review our current travel guidelines. These guidelines will explain in detail how the travel process works, what paperwork is needed, and what is expected of you in-country and when you return.
Prior to your travel with DOI-ITAP, our office requires that you fill out several travel forms. It is very important that you complete these forms and return them to our office as soon as possible to avoid delays with your travel. Instructions for filling out these forms are included in the travel guidelines. If you have additional questions please contact Tanya Ahmady at 202-208-3624.
If you have not received the requisite forms and Travel Guidelines, please download the forms below or inquire with Tanya Ahmady. Once filled out forms can be faxed or sent via FedEx to our office as soon as possible. All forms (with the exception of the ACH form) should be sent to:
To download the following forms, right click and select 'save target as.'
Travel Voucher (print and sign only)
Official Passport Visa Form* (if you do not have an official passport, or if you need a visa)
HealthCare Global Application Form (if you elect to obtain traveler's insurance)
Transfer of Property Form (if you are transferring equipment on your assignment)
Please return Official Passport Visa Form to the DOI Office of International Affairs (OIA) Passport Services. Send forms to Corinthia Stewart.