DOI-ITAP is currently recruiting DOI employees and retirees for short-term overseas details in:
- Washington, DC | East Africa Project Manager (Long Term Detail)
- Cambodia | Watershed Outreach and Education Needs Assessment Developer
- Bangladesh | Protected Areas Management, Tourism and Visitor Services Development, Facilities and Infrastructure Design and Development, and Community Involvement
If you would like to receive DOI-ITAP announcements or monthly newsletter via e-mail, please contact Kossivi Amegan to have your name added to our distribution list.
How to Apply
Those interested in being considered for this international assignment must:
- Send a resume and cover letter (as one document, preferably a PDF) summarizing direct, relevant work experience, related to the skills listed under application requirements. Please submit electronically to the project managers referenced in the announcement with the assignment title in the subject line.
- If your supervisor has already given approval, please indicate this.
- All applications should be submitted as soon as possible but no later than application deadline. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
All applicants must secure approval from their supervisors to apply for an ITAP assignment. Supervisors will then adhere to their Bureau requirements for any further approvals required by the Bureau. For Bureau requirements, applicants should contact their appropriate Bureau International Affairs point of contact; a complete list of these is below. All NPS, BOR, and BLM applicants must copy their International Affairs points of contact when they submit their applications to ITAP.
|BIA||Eric Wilson, International Affairs Coordinator
|Colin Strylowski, International Affairs Specialist
|BSEE||Julie Fleming, Acting Chief, Office of International Programs
|NPS||Rudy D'Alessandro, International Cooperation Specialist
|BOEM||Emily Lindow, Chief of Staff, Bureau of Ocean Energy Management
|USGS||Kevin Kunkel, Director of International Programs
|ONRR||Jennifer Goldblatt, Chief of Staff, Office of Natural Resources Revenue
Please note that ITAP travel does not require the use of a field office credit card and travel will not count towards ‘travel caps’.
The entire selection process may take several weeks. A short list of candidates will be interviewed by telephone. All candidates will be notified of the results of the selection process by email. The position is open to all applicants that meet the stated requirements. If applicants do not receive an email acknowledgement of receipt of their application, please inquire with the project managers listed in the announcement. The position is open to all applicants that meet the stated requirements. If applicants do not receive an email acknowledgement of receipt of their application, please inquire with the Project Manager(s) listed in the announcement.
ITAP Travel Process
All DOI-ITAP travelers must review our current travel guidelines. These guidelines will explain in detail how the travel process works, what paperwork is needed, and what is expected of you in-country and when you return.
Prior to your travel with DOI-ITAP, our office requires that you fill out several travel forms. It is very important that you complete these forms and return them to our office as soon as possible to avoid delays with your travel. Instructions for filling out these forms are included in the travel guidelines. If you have additional questions please contact Tanya Ahmady at 202-208-3624.
If you have not received the requisite forms and Travel Guidelines, please download the forms below or inquire with Tanya Ahmady. Once filled out forms can be faxed or sent via FedEx to our office as soon as possible. All forms (with the exception of the ACH form) should be sent to:
To download the following forms, right click and select 'save target as.'
Travel Voucher (print and sign only)
Official Passport Visa Form* (if you do not have an official passport, or if you need a visa)
- Volunteer Services Agreement (if you are not a current DOI employee)
HealthCare Global Application Form (if you elect to obtain traveler's insurance)
Transfer of Property Form (if you are transferring equipment on your assignment)
Please return Official Passport Visa Form to the DOI Office of International Affairs (OIA) Passport Services. Send forms to Corinthia Stewart.