What We Do
The Interior Business Center (formerly the National Business Center) improves the efficiency and effectiveness of our client agencies by allowing our customers to focus on their core mission. We are a federal shared services provider that offers business solutions to create efficiencies and economies of scale for the Department of the Interior as well as other federal agencies.
Our service offerings are organized into the following lines of business:
- Acquisition - Provides lifecycle acquisition from project inception through contract closeout.
- Customer Support Center - Provides tier 1 support services in information technology, human resources, and financial management to the Department of the Interior, and external federal customers.
- Financial Management - Provides financial management services, including accounting and core financial systems support.
- Human Resources - Delivers a comprehensive set of personnel systems and services, including payroll, drug-free workforce program, and personnel security.
- Indirect Cost - Conducts indirect cost rate negotiations with non-federal entities, tribal governments, and insular governments.
- Information Technology - Delivers infrastructure, integration, Web development, and IT Security services.