Network - Telecommunications
IBC telecommunication / network services provides the Department of the Interior (DOI) and other federal agencies with telecommunication and network services in conjunction with supporting hosted applications and other requested services.
IBC telecommunication / network services responsibilities include the provisioning, billing, engineering, management, administration and troubleshooting of the following services:
- Voice Network Communication Services
- Voice Telecom Services
- Audio Visual Services
- Wide-Area Network Services (WAN)
- Local-Area Network Services (LAN)
- LAN-to-LAN/Client Secure Network Connectivity
- Secure Remote Wireless & WiFi Connectivity
- Network Security
Telecommunications - Voice Network Communication Services
- Integrated Digital Voice Communication (IDVC) System –hybrid phone network of 10 locations. Consists of routers, servers, network switches, voice mail systems. Local service, adds, moves, and changes, maintenance and repair, voice mail services, management of communications circuitry.
- Video Teleconferencing – video teleconferencing infrastructure, system setup and training.
- Voice Telecom - Management of all calling cards and audio bridge conferencing reservations.
Network Services Overview
Network - Wide-Area Network Services (WAN)
- DOI/IBC network services and responsibilities include the provisioning, engineering, management, administration and troubleshooting of the following Data Network services to include but not limited to: managed routers, managed WAN circuits and disaster recovery DR circuits/communication.
- Responsibilities include the provisioning, billing, engineering, management, administration and troubleshooting of the following data telecommunication and network hardware and services to include but not limited to: internal routers, network switches, content switching with SSL acceleration, providing maintenance and network monitoring across the enterprise, secure remote wireless and WiFi connectivity as needed.
- IBC Access for Non-DOI is thru Cisco VPN Client
- DOI/IBC Users thru the DOI/ESN Juniper
- LAN-to-LAN (VPN) Connectivity
- Network Firewalls and Context Firewalls