IRS Form 1099 Processing
Financial Management Overview | Accounting Operations Services | Indirect Cost Services | Financial Systems and Services
Interior Business Center’s 1099 Reporting Timeline
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Form 1099 is used to report various types of income other than wages, salaries, and tips.
At the Interior Business Center, we support our customers processing and submitting 1099’s forms to recipients and to the Internal Revenue Service.
Our standard timeline for this service is as follows:
- In mid-December, Interior Business Center accounting personnel begin a client review to anticipate and resolve any issues.
- During the month of December of each calendar year, Interior Business Center accounting personnel create 1099 project plan and schedules.
- 1099 project plan and schedules are distributed to all Interior Business Center 1099 points of contact (POCs).
- Prior to January reporting, Interior Business Center accounting personnel test jobs to produce and provide output data for review.
- Third week of January - import of data to 1099 Pro software.
- By January 31 of each year, Forms 1099s are mailed to the taxpayer.
- By March 31, the IRS file is due.
- Accounting Operations Services: 303-969-5547
- Finance Systems and Services: 303-969-7141
- Indirect Cost Services: 916-566-7111
- Help Desk Contacts for current IBC Customers: 1-888-367-1622
Option 5 for Financial and Travel systems. Then:
Press 1 for Travel
Press 2 for Oracle
Press 4 for FBMS
Press 5 for finance general
- For inquiries about our Financial Services offering, contact us at IBC_FMoutreach@ibc.doi.gov