The Office of Federal Procurement Policy released government-wide guidance on interagency acquisitions with specific requirements for the content and format of Interagency Agreements.
In accordance with OFPP guidelines, the Interior Business Center developed a standard format for Interagency Agreements. This page contains the specific information and templates that are needed to begin the acquisition process with IBC.
IBC requires an Interagency Agreement, consisting of two parts: Part A and Part B. Within the Interagency Agreement, the "servicing agency" is the Interior Business Center (through its Acquisition Services Directorate) and the "requesting agency" refers to the Federal client agency.
Part A: Contains the general terms and conditions and may cover a single assisted acquisition or serve as an umbrella document to cover multiple assisted acquisitions.
Part B: Serves as the funding document and provides specific information on the requesting agency's requirement. IBC is required to have a signed Part A on file before accepting Part B. Clients are permitted to submit their own funding document, if required by their agency, in addition to Part B. For example, DoD clients may submit a Military Interdepartmental Purchase Request in addition to Part B.
The combination of Parts A and B creates a financial obligation. Both Parts A and B should be emailed to IBC's Acquisition Services funding team with a copy to your contracting officer. Please be sure to put your name on the fax cover sheet if you prefer to send a fax, 703-964-5300.
DOI Office of the Secretary Requisitions
Accounting Information from Requesting Agency - Part B
- Basic appropriation symbol: Obtain Treasury account symbol from your funding office or visit Treasury Fastbook
- Amount obligated: Contract costs plus IBC's service charge
- Fund citation: The amount of each individual fund citation/line of accounting
- Appropriation expiration date: The Fiscal Year of funds availability
- Type of funds: Note the number of years the funds are available such as one year, two year, multi-year, or no-year funds
- Unique restrictions on funding: List any restrictions on the funding not previously identified, if any
- Business event type code: Reference Treasury BETC info, Reference Treasury TAS info
- Agency location code: Enter the eight-digit (8) ALC for Intra-governmental Payment and Collection Systems (IPAC)
- Funding Agency ID: Codes for the Identification of Federal and Federally Assisted Organizations
- Agency Identification Code
- Office Identification Code
- Funding office code: Subset of Agency code to further define agency
IBC's Acquisition Services Directorate (Servicing Agency) Funding Information
- Basic appropriation symbol: 14X4529 Treasury account symbol
- Fund citation: Please contact IBC's Acquisition Services for this line of accounting information, used for internal DOI clients only
- Business event type code: Please contact IBC's Acquisition Services for this information
- CAGE (Commercial and Government Entity): Please contact IBC's Acquisition Services for this information
- Agency location code: Please contact IBC's Acquisition Services for this information
- DUNS / Business Partner Number: Please contact IBC's Acquisition Services for this information
If you are a new client or not currently working with a contracting officer, please call (703) 964-8800 and talk to a business development specialist.