|Construction and demolition (C&D) materials consist of the debris generated during the construction, renovation, and demolition of buildings, roads, and bridges. C&D materials often contain bulky, heavy materials that include:
EPA PowerPoint on Construction and Demolition Waste Diversion and Reuse.
This resource offers a basic foundation of what you should do and who you should talk to when setting up a Construction and Demolition project. Click here for EPA Presentation.
- What You Can Do Before You Start Project
- Deconstruction and Reuse
- Recycle C&D
- Resources by Material Type
- Best Management Practices (BMP) for the Management of Waste From Land Clearing, Grubbing, and Excavation (LCGE)
- For more information on EPA’s strategy for C&D materials and specific partnerships and programs
- Compliance with Title V of the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act:
- For information on C&D research and funding
- To locate a local construction recycling solution, visit http://earth911.com/recycling/construction/
- Massachusetts’s Construction and Demolition Waste Management Case Study at MIT
- EPA Architecture and Engineering Guidelines
- State of California's C&D Waste Recycler's Database.
- DOI Case Study: Mojave National Preserve, National Park Service, Cima, California.