Authorities refers to all laws, statutes, regulations, executive orders, and other laws and policies that authorize and set requirements for sustainability activities undertaken by the Federal Government.
Applicable environmental authorities are listed below.
- Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007
- Energy Policy Act of 2005
- Resource Conservation and Recovery Act
E.O. 13514 – Federal Leadership in Environmental, Energy, and Economic Performance
- E.O. 13423 – Strengthening Federal Environmental, Energy, and Transportation Management
- Executive Order 13150 - Federal Workforce Transportation
- Executive Order 13221 - Energy-Efficient Standby Power Devices
- Executive Order 13327 - Federal Real Property Asset Management
- Executive Order 13352 - Facilitation of Cooperative Conservation