USEITI Public Comment Period: May 18-June 29, 2012
Stakeholder Assessment and Multi-Stakeholder Group Formation
At the request of the U.S. government, the independent facilitator Consensus Building Institute, prepared a USEITI Stakeholder Assessment and identified potential options for forming the Multi-Stakeholder Group (MSG) which will be responsible for overseeing implementation of USEITI. Click here to read and download the report.
From May 18-June 29, 2012, Interior conducted a public comment period to gather feedback on the recommended options for formulating the USEITI MSG. Several public meetings were held:
- Session 1—Anchorage, Alaska Public Listening Session, 6:00-8:00pm ADT, May 30, 2012, Bureau of Ocean Energy Management offices
- Session 2—Public Webinar, 1:00-3:00pm EDT, June 1, 2012, via conference line.
- Session 3—Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Public Listening Session, 1:00-3:00pm EDT, June 11, 2012, Office of Surface Mining Reclamation and Enforcement offices
- Session 4—New Orleans, Louisiana Public Listening Session, 1:00-3:00pm CDT, June 12, 2012, Bureau of Ocean Energy Management offices
- Session 5—Washington, DC Public Workshop, 10:00am-4:00pm EDT, June 22, 2012, U.S. Department of the Interior,
In addition, Interior continued Tribal outreach regarding USEITI, convening a Tribal Consultation meeting at the National Congress of American Indians mid-year Conference June 17-20, 2012 in Lincoln, Nebraska. Federal Register Notice on USEITI Tribal Consultation.