Billing Address Codes
A BAC, assigned by GPO, is required when requesting printing, binding, and related services via a Standard Form 1 (SF-1), "Printing and Binding Requisition," when placing a GPO print order on a Term Contract using form GPO-2511, "Print Order," and when placing an order on the Small Purchase Agreement Program (SPA) using form 4044, "Work Order. The BAC identifies the mailing address of the agency/bureau responsible for ordering the GPO service.
Starting FY2015 (October 1, 2014) the Department of the Interior will be migrating to new BAC's to improve our management of outdated accounts, and streamline issuance of new accounts. Each bureau has been assigned a 4-digit prefix, to allow quick identification of each respective BAC account. The last two digits will be assigned at the time of issuance by GPO.
• 4330 - NPS
• 4331 - BLM
• 4332 - BOR
• 4333 - FWS
• 4334 - OS/IBC
• 4335 - ONRR
• 4336 - OSM
• 4337 - BIA
• 4338 - USGS
• 4339 - BSEE
• 4340 - BOEM
Within each prefix the plan is as follows;
2. Deposit Accounts will use double digit or double alpha characters to make them quickly identifiable, there are 33 possible combinations. GPO 3. Express accounts will be issued within a limited range of each bureau prefix, a alpha-number combination, there are 984 possible combinations.
We will not issue the letters "I" & "O" to avoid confusion with numerical BACs, thus that limits us down to just 1098 total possible combinations. The Publishing Council requires each bureau to go through your old BAC accounts and first deactivate any old accounts that you no longer need or have been inactive for more than two years.
During the transition to new BACs we will have old accounts active and new accounts open so there should be no interruption in service.
Note: A GPOExpress account may be linked to an IPAC, a deposit account, or established with a government charge card.
How to Establish a GPO BAC
In order for a Department agency/bureau/region/office to obtain a GPO BAC the GPO Form 4046 will need to be submitted with the following information:
• Method of Payment: Indicate which method of payment (IPAC or Non-IPAC)*If you need further guidance, please see these instructions.
• Name of Requestor, Department or Agency name, Bureau/Office and full mailing address of the agency/bureau requesting the BAC, including the zip code, contact numbers, and email.
• Finance Point-of-Contact information, including Contact person's name, address, contact numbers, and email.
• For an IPAC BAC an Agency Location Code (ALC) should be furnished. This can be acquired from your finance or budget office.
• For a deposit account please note in the "additional information" field on the 4046 how you wish to fund this account once established. (If funding via IPAC BAC transfer, please include an ALC.)
After completing the form 4046, e-mail or fax it to your bureau’s Printing Officer for review and approval. After approval the Printing Officer will make the official request to the proper GPO office for issuing a new GPO BAC. Once the new GPO BAC is established, GPO Commercial Billing will contact the agency/bureau within 3 business days with the information to begin using the new GPO BAC for their printing needs.