DOI Training Download Page
From this site you can download various training courses to be used on desktops or networks or to be copied to a CD-ROM. Please carefully read the descriptions to make sure you are downloading the correct files for your use.
The courses contained on this page are intended for employees and other
designated individuals of the U.S. Department of the Interior.
Courses currently available for download:
- 2013 Federal Information Systems Security Awareness + Privacy and Records Management
- Transit Benefit Integrity Training*
- Computer Security Incident Response Training (CSIRT)
- Section 508 Awareness: Promoting Awareness, Providing Solutions
- Understanding the Privacy Impact Statement
Instructions for using the zipped files
The preferred browser for these courses Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE). To designate IE as your default browser, open an IE window, click on Tools>Internet Options>Programs, then click on 'Make Default', then click 'OK'. You will also need to have pop-ups enabled. you can enable pop-ups by clicking on Tools>Pop-up Blocker>Turn off Pop-up Blocker. The files contained in each of these zipped folders can be run from a PC or burned onto a CD-R and played on a CD-ROM drive. For some users, there will be n sound unless a CD-ROM is used.
After clicking on the link, be sure to save the file to a location on your PC (DO NOT OPEN).
Once the zipped file is saved, it must be extracted. Right click on the file name and select 'Extract All'. You can accept the default location and the files will be placed in a folder with the same name in the same location on your PC.
From your PC, you can click the 'Index' icon and follow directions to play the course. You may see a yellow bar at the top of your screen. Click on the yellow bar and click on 'Allow Blocked Content'. Detailed instructions are contained in the "Instructions" MS Word document in the course folder. If you click on 'Index' and cannot see the title of the course listed, then the file has not been properly extracted. Please contact your IT Help Desk for assistance with unzipping the file.
Please clear the cookies in your browser before beginning the course. To clear your cookies, open IE, click on Tools>Internet Options>Delete Cookies
Please ensure that you save a copy of the course completion certificate on your computer or external drive.
If you experience any problems with the download, please contact the DOI University Help Desk at 202-208-6278 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
* Instructions for opening the Transit Benefit Integrity Training
- Once the zipped file is saved, it must be extracted. Right click on the file name and select 'Extract All'. You can accept the default location and the files will be placed in a folder with the same name in the same location on your PC.
- Double-click on the 'player.exe' icon. If a pop-up dialog box appears, click Run'
- This course does not track your progress so please allow time to complete the course in one sitting or you will have to repeat the course from the beginning.
- Please ensure that you save or print your certificate upon completion.