Mandatory Training for DOI Employees
Department of the Interior employees are subject to regulatory and mandatory training requirements. These requirements will change for individuals based on their job duties or position assignment.
Courses available for download are posted on the DOI Learn Training Download page.
A basic listing of mandatory and regulatory training includes but is not limited to:
- Federal Information System Security Awareness Plus Privacy and Records Management Training, Rules of Behavior for Network Access - Annual
- Discrimination and Whistleblowing in the Workplace (No Fear) - Every 2 years: The 2013 version is now available in DOI Learn.(clicking on the link will open a new window to the DOI Learn login page. You will be taken directly to the course upon successful login).
- Transit Benefit Integrity Training (DOI Learn login required) - Annual
- Role-Based Information Technology Security Training - Annual based on duties
- Equal Employment Opportunity Training - Annual
- Diversity Training - Annual
- Ethics Training - Annual
- Safety Training - based on duties. Courses are available in DOI Learn and for download on the DOI University Course Download Site
- Defensive Driving - based on duties
- Telework 101 for Employees (DOI Learn login required) - based on duties
- Telework 101 for Managers (DOI Learn login required)
- Charge Card Training - Content for updated versions of the integrated charge card holder training is currently under review.
- Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA)(clicking on link will open a new window to the DOI Learn login page. You will be taken directly to the course upon successful login) Annual requirement for Supervisors, Managers, and Human Resources personnel.
- Veteran Employment Training - Annual requirement
- Constitution Day Training (DOI Learn login required) - suggested but not required
- Plain Language Act Training (DOI Learn login required) - suggested but not required
Other requirements may exist for your specific bureau. Please contact your bureau level training offices or Human Resources office for more information.