NW CSC Communication Services
To provide professional communication and outreach services that support the exchange of information among regional stakeholders, and effectively raise awareness of climate issues in the Pacific Northwest.
The Northwest Climate Science Center (NW CSC) adopted a Communication Strategy for 2012-2015 in March 2013. Our Communication Services are designed to 1) inform climate scientists of the science needs of cultural and natural resource managers, 2) transfer research findings and tools developed by scientists to resource managers and others, and 3) increase the general knowledge and understanding of climate science among resource managers, researchers, policy and decision makers, and the general public. To read more about Communication Services at the NW CSC, please download the Communication Services section of the Strategic Plan by clicking here.
Northwest CSC Communication Services Accomplishments to-date:
- Adoption of a Communication Strategy for 2012-2015.
- A public website (this site) with comprehensive and up-to-date information about the NW CSC, funded research projects, and study results.
- Release of the NW CSC Strategic Plan for 2012-2015, Science Agenda for 2012-2015, annual workplans, and annual reports.
- Broad distributions of announcements for opportunities to apply for NW CSC research funding and to participate in webinars, workshops, and training for students.
- Quarterly conference calls and annual meetings of the NW CSC Executive Stakeholder Advisory Committee (ESAC) to help identify climate science needs in the Northwest.
- Sponsorship of the annual Pacific Northwest Climate Science Conference to promote the exchange of scientific results and policy and management options related to climate impacts research in the Northwest.
- NW CSC briefings of Congressional staff and other elected officials, and presentations to regional and national partners and stakeholder groups.
- Public outreach through lay-audience publications (e.g., Alaska Airlines Magazine, October 2011 issue, and Terra, Winter 2012 issue).
- As part of its funding selection process, the NW CSC ensures that research projects include a communication plan for disseminating results to resource managers and others.
<< Back to the NW CSC Strategic Plan
Page Last Updated: March 21, 2013