Job Opportunity - Research Statistician
The North Central Climate Science Center is looking for a full-time Research Statistician to be located in Fort Collins, Colorado.
The application will be open through Friday, August 24, 2012.
Duties will include:
- Conduct, and publish original basic and applied research, and consultation in the following primary areas: appropriate and cost effective integration of climate model output into ecological response models;
- Advise, consult, coordinate, and arrange for assistance with analysis and interpretation of proposed and completed research;
- Maintain currency in the field of species distribution modeling, climate downscaling techniques, and statistical analysis relative to the intersection of climate science, resource management, and ecology;
- Maintain a working knowledge of computers, operating systems, statistical software packages, programming languages and simulation modeling;
- Develop, design, and conduct statistical protocols necessary to analyze spatial and temporal data in raster and vector format;
- Collaborate with other NC CSC scientists;
- Develop, modify, evaluate and implement species distribution models;
- Design, develop, validate and implement sound model selection and model diagnostic techniques, and lead the development of publish results of research in relevant scientific journals.
For more information or to apply, please click here.