Secretarial Commission on Indian Trust Administration and Reform
As part of President Obama's commitment to fulfilling this nation's trust responsibilities to Native Americans, Secretary of the Interior Ken Salazar named five prominent American Indians to a commission to undertake a forward-looking, comprehensive evaluation of Interior's trust management of nearly $4 billion in Native American trust funds.
- Secretarial Order 3292 establishing the framework for the Commission
- Secretarial announcement of the establishment of the Commission
- November 30, 2011 news release, "Salazar Names Members to National Commission on Indian Trust Administration and Reform"
- Commissioners' bios
- Tribal Leaders update on preparations to utilize the Cobell Settlement's Trust Land Consolidation Fund
- Performance Work Statement of the Trust Commission's Management Consultant and timeline for deliverable
- Statement from Secretary Jewell Commending the Work of the Commission
The Designated Federal Official is: Sarah Harris, Chief of Staff to the Assistant Secretary - Indian Affairs, Department of the Interior, 1849 C Street NW., Room 3071, Washington, DC 20240.
For inquiries, please direct them to: TrustCommission@ios.doi.gov
78 FR 70959 - Notice of Renewal (11/27/2013) - The Secretary of the Interior is renewing the Commission on Indian Trust Administration and Reform (through 01/01/2014).
Report of the Commission on Indian Trust Administration and Reform
During the public webinar held on December 10, 2013, the Commission approved the final report
- Report of the Commission on Indian Trust Administration and Reform - Approved December 10, 2013
- Final Report - Power Point Presentation
Comments / Recommendations to Commission
View "Comments Submitted" to Commission. Testimony received during public meetings are in meeting documents of respective meeting.
Meetings of the Commission - 2013
Click here to "View 2013 ITC Meeting" material:
- Public Webinar - December 10, 2013
- Public Webinar - November 20, 2013
- Public Meeting - August 19, 2013 - Anchorage, AK
- Public Meeting - June 7, 2013 - Oklahoma City, OK
- Public Meeting - April 29, 2013 - Nashville, TN
- Public Meeting - February 12/13, 2013 - Seattle, WA
Meetings of the Commission - 2012
Click here to "View 2012 ITC Meeting" material:
- Public Webinar - November 7, 2012
- Public Meeting - September 13 & 14, 2012 - Bismarck, ND
- Public Webinar - August 13, 2012
- Public Meeting - June 11 & 12, 2012 - Albuquerque, NM
- Public Webinar - May 16, 2012
- Public Meeting - March 1 & 2, 2012 - Washington, DC