Websites disseminating Research and Development (R&D) information
A list of DOI’s public websites disseminating research and development (R&D) information to the public, describing for each whether the website provides the public information about federally funded R&D activities and/or provides the results of Federal research.
U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
- As a result of the large amount of research and development (R&D) being done and presented throughout all science programs and locations of the USGS, the best single point of entry for information about USGS R&D activities and results are the agencies' main home page (http://usgs.gov/)
- USGS FOIA Electronic Reading Room Page: http://www.usgs.gov/foia/index.html
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS)
- http://www.fws.gov/budget/2010/2010%20Greenbook/29.%20Appendix%20A%20-%20Research%20and%20Development%202010.pdf (provides some R&D result information)
- FWS FOIA Page: http://www.fws.gov/irm/bpim/foia.html
Bureau of Reclamation (BOR)
- Research and Development Office: http://www.usbr.gov/research/
- Hydraulic Investigations and Laboratory Services Group Publications Index: http://www.usbr.gov/pmts/hydraulics_lab/pubs/index.cfm
- Water Treatment Engineering Research Publications: http://www.usbr.gov/pmts/water/publications/index.html
- Tracy Fish Facility Research Technical Reports and Data Downloads: http://www.usbr.gov/pmts/tech_services/tracy_research/data/index.html
- Environmental Applications and Research Group: http://www.usbr.gov/pmts/eco_research/
- Materials Engineering and Research Lab: http://www.usbr.gov/pmts/materials_lab/about/facilities.html
- BOR FOIA Page: http://www.usbr.gov/foia
Bureau of Land Management (BLM)
- Because of the large amount of research and development being done within BLM, the best single point of entry is the BLM main home page at http://www.blm.gov.
- Entering ”research and development” into the BLM search engine will provide comprehensive results for links to BLM R&D. The links provide access to public information about past, present and future federally funded R&D activities and/or the results of Federal research and development efforts.
- BLM FOIA Reading Room Page: http://www.blm.gov/wo/st/en/res/FOIA/Reading_Room.html
Bureau of Ocean Energy Management, Regulation and Enforcement (BOEMRE)
- http://www.boemre.gov/offshore/EnvironmentalResearch.htm provides results of Federal research on a host of environmental projects.
- http://www.boemre.gov/offshore/SafetyandOilSpillResearch.htm provides results of Federal research on safety and oil spill technology assessment.
- BOEMRE FOIA Library and Reading Room Page: http://www.boemre.gov/library/
National Park Service
- Because of the large amount of research and development (R&D) being done within the NPS, the best single point of entry is the NPS main home page at http://www.nps.gov.
- Entering “research and development” into the NPS search engine will provide information about past, present and future federally funded R&D activities and/or the results of Federal research and development efforts.
- http://www.nature.nps.gov contains R&D information.
- http://www.parkplanning.nps.gov contains R&D information.
- NPS FOIA Page: http://www.nps.gov/foia.htm
National Business Center (NBC)
Office of Surface Mining (OSM)
- OSM’s website provides information on the implementation of the Surface Mining Control and Reclamation Act of 1977 (SMCRA): http://www.osmre.gov/topic/SMCRA/SMCRA.shtm and http://www.osm.gov.
- Technical Innovation and Professional Services (TIPS) provides practical, advanced tools and techniques to improve efficiency and effectiveness in the implementation of Surface Mining Control and Reclamation Act of 1977 (SMCRA): http://www.tips.osmre.gov
- OSM’s Appalachian Region Website: http://arcc.osmre.gov – A website supporting OSM’s Appalachian Regional Office (AR), the easternmost of three regional offices within OSM, DOI.
- OSM’s Mid-Continent Region Website: http://www.mcrcc.osmre.gov - A website supporting OSM’s Mid-Continent Regional Office (MR), the central of three regional offices within the OSM, DOI.
- OSM’s Western Region Website: http://www.wrcc.osmre.gov - A website supporting OSM’s Western Regional Office (WR), the westernmost of three regional offices within the OSM, DOI.
- OSM’s National Technology Transfer Website: http://www.techtransfer.osmre.gov - A website for OSM’s Technology Development and Transfer Program, which supports and enhances the technical skills that States and Tribes need to operate their regulatory and reclamation programs and to effectively implement the Surface Mining Control and Reclamation Act established in 1977.
- Appalachian Regional Reforestation Initiative (ARRI): http://arri.osmre.gov/ - A website which supports ARRI, a coalition of groups, including citizens, the coal industry, and government dedicated to restoring forests on coal mined lands in the Eastern United States.
- Appalachian Region Blasting: http://www.arblast.osmre.gov - AR Blasting Download Page
- OSM FOIA Page: http://www.osm.gov/foia/foia.shtm