WaterSMART Kickoff Workshop - February 23, 2010
The Kickoff Workshop introduced the Department of the Interior’s WaterSMART Program and solicited input and ideas from participants on making this new program effective for all water users. The Kickoff Workshop focused on the Colorado River Basin to pilot the new WaterSMART Program and to bring together leaders of the water community to discuss this exciting new initiative.
The Kickoff Workshop attendees were senior leaders and policy makers within the Colorado River Basin representing State Agencies, Native American Tribes and Communities, Local Governments, Water User Organizations, Environmental and Conservation Groups, Federal Agencies, and other stakeholders.
The available slide presentations are listed here.
- Bureau of Reclamation’s WaterSMART Activities—Building Blocks - Existing Tools (PDF, 16 pages)
- Managing Water in the West—Overview of the Colorado River Basin (PDF, 12 pages)
- WaterSMART Use and Availability Assessment —(aka National Water Census) (PDF, 25 pages)
- EPA WaterSense: Helping to Reduce Water Demand (PDF, 21 pages)
- The National Integrated Drought Information System (PDF, 4 pages)
- USDA-NRCS Snow Survey and Water Supply Forecasting Program and Soil Climate Analysis Network (PDF, 42 pages)